Achieving your Ideal Work/Life Balance – Part 1
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
This Episode’s Roadmap
Let’s face it – it’s really hard balancing studying for exams with all the things we have going on in our lives.
We have so many roles that we play, so many tasks that we need to perform, and so many people depending on us that often times, it’s a major struggle to feel like there’s any semblance of a balance while studying.
The next few episodes are designed to help you maintain control of your life, continue to perform well with work, school, and your family, and of course pass your next exam. Let’s Do this!
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Define what work life balance means to you
- Eliminate the #1 word that is holding you back from achieving your work/life balance
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“If you don’t prioritize your life, Someone else will.” – Greg Keown
Milestones: Highlights of the session
- Work/Life Balance is something that you need to define personally.
- Balance may not be the right word – try counterbalance.
- Prioritize the things that are most important
- Actuarial Journey’s Definition of Work/Life Balance (aka Study Lifestyle): A lifestyle where you “Have enough time for the things you WANT to do while still being able to do the things you NEED to do
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- The One Thing Blog on Work / Life Balance and Counter-Balancing [Blog post]
- The One Thing by Gary Keller (full book – text) [Kindle]
- The One Thing by Gary Keller (full book – audiobook) [Free Audiobook]
- Loss Aversion [Wikipedia]
- Upcoming Webinar [Webinar]
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together