Explore the Difference of Insurance and Consulting Entry-Level Work (Max Feldman)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
Max Feldman is currently working as a Property and Casualty pricing actuary, focusing on Marine and Energy risks for a global insurer. Before joining the Insurance industry, Max worked in retirement consulting for two professional services consulting firms. Max graduated from The University of Pennsylvania where he studied Economics and Actuarial Mathematics. While in school, Max worked part time for a green energy startup company.
Vision of Success:
“When in danger or in doubt, thrown your hands up scream and shout!”-Unknown
“Hit home runs all the time.”-Unnamed Senior Consultant
Listen closely to see how Max approaches these humorous and serious quotes on the job – things are always what they seem!
Inspiration to become an actuary
Family friend shows Max how actuaries solve interesting problems…like calculating terrorism risk.
Greatest Actuarial Success:
Max shares how getting his first internship put him on the fast track for success.
Resource for the Actuarial Journey:
Reach out to your network – even those that aren’t actuaries – and get guidance. Don’t be bashful – just go for it!
Making the Connection:
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together