3 Crucial Tips for studying for multiple choice exams [Approach pt. 1]
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/25_-_3_Crucial_Tips_for_studying_for_multiple_choice_exams-edted.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjobcourse.com” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
This Episode’s Roadmap
Now that we’ve discussed your plan, it’s time to put that plan to work by doing problems.
This episode focuses on three essential things to keep in mind as you’re studying for multiple choice exams, so you can get the most of out of each hour of studying.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Decide what topics you need to focus on and when
- Get the most out of every problem that you take so that you’re actually making forward progress instead of just spending time studying without learning
- Know when it’s time to move forward on a problem
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” – Legendary martial arts master Bruce Lee
Milestones: Highlights of the session
- 3 Crucial Tips for studying for multiple choice exams
- Define your wheelhouse – what sections are you going to absolutely crush and build upon them diligently
- Build your Skills through Problem sets – You learn the material through the problem sets and you learn how to take the exam through the practice exams
- o Redo problems that you get wrong – make sure to prove that you actually have mastered that question vs. assuming you do
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- Work/Life Balance Video Series [Video Mini-series]
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together