3 Reasons Why You Should Take More Study Breaks
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/19_-_3_Reasons_Why_You_Should_Take_more_Study_Breaks.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjobcourse.com” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
This Episode’s Roadmap
Have you ever found yourself studying for hours and only to realize that not only have you been staring at the same question for 10 minutes, but you can hardly remember what you just finished reading?
This lesson addresses the assumption that you should study really long hours while minimizing your study breaks.
It seems like it would make sense to just work straight through for several hours right? Unfortunately, there are a lot of benefits that you’re not taking advantage of when you approach studying that way.
That’s why today’s episode focuses on 3 Reasons that you should take more study breaks. They aren’t the only 3 reason, but they are 3 you should focus on to start.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
• Apply the 3 reasons why you should take study breaks
• Utilize one specific strategy to add more breaks to your schedule
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“If knowledge is power, LEARNING is the superpower” – Jim Kwik –Expert in Accelerated Learning and CEO of Kwik Learning and SuperheroYou
Milestones: Highlights of the session
• There are scientific benefits to taking more study breaks vs less
• Every Journeyer will need to experiment to find out their perfect balance
• Use the Podomoro technique to make progress and rest your brain at regular intervals
• Understanding how your brain memorizes and more importantly recalls information is crucial
• Find a way to celebrate and build your confidence bank to allow for future withdrawals
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- Advanced Learning Techniques by Brian Tracy [Audio Cassette and workbook]
- Advanced Learning Techniques by Brian Tracy (don’t forget to pick up the accompanying workbook) [Free Audio Book]
- E.ggtimer.com(great easy resource to keep you honest on the Podomoro method) [online-timer]
- SuperheroYou.com [website]
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together