Top Job Hunting Lessons Learned while Switching Careers
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/AJP_40_-_Top_Lessons_Learned_while_Switching_Careers.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/jobs” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
This Episode’s Roadmap
Curious about 1) landing an entry-level actuarial job when changing careers or 2) what you can do with an actuarial background in other careers?
Whether you’re considering becoming an actuary or curious about what else you can apply your actuarial background to in your career, this episode is sure to deliver value.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Understand 5 insights to keep in mind when looking for a job
- Differentiate yourself from other candidates going for the same job, even without direct experience
- Build confidence that you are good enough, your experience is relevant, and that you will have success in your career
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“It’s not what you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you are not.” – Denis Waitley, Best-selling author
Milestones: Highlights of the session
- Opportunities to find your next job are all around. Find out how you can become more aware of them, even when you’re not expecting them.
- Relationships are a crucial component of the job hunt. We’ll share how you can make them work for you during the episode.
- Everything you’ve done in your life matters. Listen to see how you can frame all of your past actuarial and non-actuarial experiences for potential employers.
- It’s YOUR responsibility to make sure resume reviewers understand your value. Learn how to make this clear throughout the discussions.
- Don’t be afraid to show your are passionate about the profession. If this is the career for you, there’s no need to hold back.
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- Free Audiobook from Audible – Listen to any of the books mentioned on Actuarial Journey for free on Audible.
Want more help with your journey?
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned each week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!