Benefits of Building Relationships in Action (Aman Jetha)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/skills” target=”blank”] Learn Business Skills [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/jobs” target=”blank”]Land a Job [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Pass Exams[/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/community” target=”blank”]Join Community [/button]
Looking to understand how building relationships looks like in action? Aman Jetha shares how building relationships has helped lead in to success in today’s interviews.
Aman Jetha is an actuarial “boomerang”. His path includes roles in benefits consulting, music performance, teaching, and finance. Having gotten all of that out of his system, Aman is part of a rotating actuarial student program at a health insurer.
Guiding Quote to Success
At the end of the day, this job isn’t about the math, it’s about getting things done. – Mentor in Aman’s Life
First Step of the Journey
Roadblock on the Journey
Today’s Theme: Building Relationships in Action
Today Aman Shares:
- Building Relationships as an Introvert (well really shyer personalities :D)
- How to make the most from Accountability Buddy (“Accountabili-buddy”) relationships
- Benefits of setting measureable goals and checking in consistently with study group
Useful Resources For Actuarial Toolkit
- “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie [Free Audiobook]
- “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie [Amazon Book/Kindle]
- SOA Directory – Useful to find credentialed Actuaries and establish Informational Conversations
Making the Connection
Want to get in touch with Aman? Reach out to him through LinkedIn.
Want more help with your journey?
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned each week sent directly to your phone!
- Transcript of Today’s Episode
[toggles type=”accordian”][toggle title=”Click here to expand”](Transcript Pending)