5 Methods of Dealing With Overwhelm
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/37_-_5_Methods_of_Dealing_With_Overwhelm.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjobcourse.com” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
This Episode’s Roadmap
Feeling overwhelmed seems to come with the territory of making any major change in life and pursing any major calling. As we know, the Actuarial Journey is a marathon, not a sprint, and sometimes the volume of what we need to do for work, fitness, family, and fun can feel a bit much.
It happens to us all along our journey, whether you’re applying for an actuarial job, studying for an SOA/CAS exam, working for as an actuary in insurance/consulting, or pursing a career change to actuarial work. Today’s episode, I share an experience where I felt that way and the 5 steps I typically take when dealing with overwhelm.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Discover 5 methods that you can employ to deal with a feeling of overwhelm
- Choose ONE of those steps to implement the next time you are feeling overwhelmed
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“The battle begins anew everyday.” – Stephen Pressfield, author of the Legend of Bagger Vance and the War of Art and L
Milestones: Highlights of the session
- 5 methods for dealing with a feeling of overwhelm
- Start with you – Keep up sleep/exercise/breakfast
- Express it in whatever way is best for your style (talking, writing, drawing, activity)
- Get perspective on the situation and re-evaluate
- DO THE WORK!
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield goes deep into the root causes of what keeps you from achieving your goals. Often when I am feeling overwhelmed, I return and give this book another read. Get the physical or Kindle book on Amazon by clicking here.
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together