5 Reasons to Join an Actuarial Exam Study Group
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/33_-_5_Reasons_to_join_an_Actuarial_Exam_Study_Group.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjobcourse.com” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
This Episode’s Roadmap
Today we’re going to discuss an under-utilized study resource that is readily available for each of your journeyers.
This resource is ideal for Journeyers who:
- Desires cost- effective and time-effective ways to study
- Finds themselves getting stuck in their understanding of the material and spending way too long trying to figure things out
- Struggles with finding the time and motivation to study
- Feels isolated while studying
What is this resource? Study Groups.
This is the first episode in our mini series on Study groups and we’ll start it off by taking through why being a part of a study group can be useful to you in the first place.
You’ll learn how study group can benefit you and what you may have been missing out on while studying.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Understand why trying to be the lone journeyer might be hurting your studying
- Introduce a different method for those people who could learn differently and / or faster through interaction
- Inspire and motivate you to find a study group to put into your study practice
- Be Empowered with 5 reasons to help you add study groups to your actuarial exam toolkit
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“There is great wisdom in the council of the multitudes.” – Aaron Walker, Life and Business Coach
Milestones: Highlights of the session
- 5 reasons you should join a study group
- Multiple Perspectives
- Exposure to multiple approaches in a time and cost effective manner
- Build Lasting Relationships
- Responses and help tailored to you and your background and specific challenges
- Accountability and Motivation
- Don’t want to let your group down and can be BROUGHT UP by other members
- Easy to Communicate
- Bridge the gap between some of the technical aspects and real-life applications or scenarios
- Learn by Teaching
- Increase your retention while studying by changing your mindset and actively study
- Multiple Perspectives
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- Accelerated Learning Techniques by Brain Tracy [Free Audiobook]
- Register for the Upcoming P/1 2-day Online Review Course with a 10% discount for Journeyers (type “Actuarial Journey” in the company box when registering)
- Register for the Upcoming FM/2 2-day Online Review Course with a 10% discount for Journeyers (type “Actuarial Journey” in the company box when registering)
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together