56: Must-Read Book Recommendations for Aspiring Actuaries
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/skills” target=”blank”] Learn Business Skills [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/jobs” target=”blank”]Land a Job [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Pass Exams[/button] [button color=”primary” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/community” target=”blank”]Join Community [/button]
This Episode’s Roadmap
Journeyers! It’s been quite some time since we had some 1-on-1 time and, after having a great Journeyer Community Hangout this weekend, I wanted to take today to sit back and just chat with you all.
Today, I want to share with you some of the top books that I recommend for your actuarial journey. These books all speak to some of our biggest focuses at Actuarial Journey: productivity, success, and living a lifestyle of your choosing while succeeding in your career,
Here are the recommendations – Listen to the episode to find out why I find each of them to be important.
I’m also going to toss out a bonus book that I didn’t mention on the podcast that in retrospect deserves at least a shout out
We’re starting the Actuarial Journey Book Club and the first book is The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. Get started on it now, and we’ll have a book club follow-up in mid-November!
We’re also hosting a LIVE WEBINAR on Monday Nov. 2nd! Sign up athttps://www.actuarialjourney.com/webinar to get details about this and upcoming webinars.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Identify five must-read books related to success on your Actuarial Journey
- Join upcoming Actuarial Journey live sessions
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together