Making an Impact Internationally as an Actuary (Stephen Camilli, FSA, Actex)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
Stephen Camilli, FSA, is the President of ACTEX Learning where he has worked since September 2013. He has taught mathematics at both the high school and university level.
He has served as Director of International Risk for UNUM, working in Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo and has experience in pension consulting with Hewitt Associates.
He co-founded a network of food banks in Argentina, is fluent in Spanish, and has worked as a translator, interpreter and literary agent. He has a Sc.B. in Applied Mathematics from Brown University.
Today’s Theme: Making an Impact Internationally as an Actuary
During the conversation, Stephen shares his story and lessons learned on the following:
- How benfecial it is to find the joy in every moment (even while studying!)
- How you can explore actuarial opportunities in international markets
- How all the various experiences in your life can build upon themselves to help you
- How building meaningful relationships can bolster your career
- How Stephen and his team introduced long-term disability insurance to Argentina
- How you can take advantage of the continued professional development and technical training offered by ACTEX Learning
Want more help with your journey?
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned each week sent directly to your phone!
- Transcript of Today’s Episode
Click here to expand