Actuarial Journey is Back – Keeping up Momentum
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/AJP-39_Actuarial_Journey_is_Back_-_Lessons_Learned.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/jobs” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
This Episode’s Roadmap
It’s been a while since the last episode of Actuarial Journey, but it’s back and better than before!
Take a listen to this episode as Nemo Ashong shares what led to this break, and what steps you can take as you study for actuarial exams and apply for entry-level actuarial jobs to avoid losing momentum.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Apply three techniques to help you keep up your momentum when you feel like slowing down
- Identify 3 amazing books that can help bolster your ability to achieve throughout your SOA/CAS actuarial career
- Participate in shaping the direction of Actuarial Journey through more community events and opportunities
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“The battle must begin anew everyday” – Steven Pressfield, The War of Art
Milestones: Highlights of the session
- Momentum with actuarial exam studying and applying for actuarial jobs doesn’t just come to an abrupt stop. There’s some much more subtle involved.
- Focusing on continuous improvement and steadily building a cushion in your efforts can prove useful with “Life Happens”.
- When you’re stuck or losing momentum, focus on your strengths and use that to make progress.
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- Free Audiobook from Audible – Listen to any of the three books mentioned on today’s episode for free on Audible.
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller – Amazingly simple and straightforward book to help you identify the ONE thing you should focus on to maximize your results. Really helpful when trying to figure out what you need to do next.
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield – Identify the many ways Resistance manifests itself in your pursuit to your goals and learn the counter-measure to help you succeed anyway.
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson – This book shows you just how simple it is to make really small changes and decisions consistently over time to achive the continued success we want in life.
Want more help with your journey?
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned each week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!