Building Confidence for Your Exam Day – Part 1 [Approach]
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/27_-_Building_Confidence_for_Your_Exam_Day_-_Part_1_Approach.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjobcourse.com” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
This Episode’s Roadmap
Have you ever studied really hard for an exam where you perhaps: sacrificed hanging out with friends and family, seemed to be doing well on practice exams, and then when push came to shove, underperformed on the day of the actual exam and don’t pass?
Unfortunately, I think this happens all too often.
That’s why over the next two lessons we’re going to focus on building confidence for exam day.
This two part series will focus on what you can do in the days leading up to the exam – That’s this lesson. And in the next one, we’ll focus on what you can do on the actual test day and during the exam.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Discover why you should simulate real test taking scenarios
- Identify critical components at each of the 3 levels of the exam routine
- Create your Exam Routine for the days leading up to exam
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“I was super-laid back. I was super-calm… I was obviously ready for something that nobody had ever done before . . . and nobody was going to step in my way, nobody was going to get me off track. I was . . .focused on what I needed to do, and I was going to get the job done.” – Michael Phelps, Olympic Swimmer, Winner of 8 Gold medals at 2008 Olympics
Milestones: Highlights of the session
- Goal is to make the actual exam feel just like all of your practices.
- Do yourself a favor an establish a consistent exam routine that simulates actual exam conditions.
- Use the 3-tiered exam routine framework to think through each element of the exam day and start eliminating variables that can distract you and shake your confidence well before the exam.
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- Work/Life Balance Video Series [Video Mini-series]
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together