Building Relationships and Networks through Actuarial Clubs (Mitch Baidinger – Actuarial Club of Indianapolis)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/36_-_Building_Relationships_and_Networks_through_Actuarial_Clubs_Mitch_Baidinger__Actuarial_Club_of_Indianapolis.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjobcourse.com” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
Wondering how to become an actuary? Mitch Baidinger breaks down the barriers by sharing how being proactive and building a network of actuaries cleared the way for him start his journey as an actuary.
Mitch Baidinger graduated from Indiana University in 2009 with a B.A. in Mathematics. He has been working for CNO Financial Group for a little over 5 years and served in several different actuarial roles including Life & Annuity valuation, Health Valuation and more recently Asset Liability Management. He lives with his wife on the northeast side of Indianapolis.
Guiding Quote to Success
Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm – Winston Churchill
First Step of the Journey
Roadblock on the Journey
Greatest Professional Success
Most Excited About Now
Today’s Theme: Getting involved with Local Actuarial Clubs and Organization
Key Questions Addressed:
- What is the Actuarial Club of Indianapolis?
- What are the key goals of the organization?
- Where can I meet actuaries?
- How do actuarial clubs provide value to their members?
- Can you join a local Actuarial Club even if you’re not a member?
- How can access to a community of actuaries benefit your career?
Useful Resources For Actuarial Toolkit
- Actuarial Club of Indianapolis Linked in Group
- Actuarial Outpost – Online forum for Actuaries
- Investopedia – Quickly find definitions for various investment and valuation terms
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie [Amazon]
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie [Free Audiobook from Audible]
Making the Connection
Want to get in touch with Mitch? Reach out to him through LinkedIn.
P.O. Box 40173
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together