Finding Time to Study (Steve Schwartz – LSAT Blog)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
Finding time to study for actuarial exams is difficult! Steve Schwartz shares the insights that he’s learned from helping students pass the LSATs to help Journeyers block off the time they need to pass!
Steve Schwartz is the CEO and Founder of LSATBlog.org, an online business that helps future lawyers pass their LSATs and get into law school.
Steve has helped hundreds of students with their exams and brings his expertise on passing professional exams to the actuarial world to help Journeyers with studying.
Guiding Quote to Success
“Be the change you want to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandhi
First Step of the Journey
Steve’s journey started after he completed his LSAT exam. He quickly realized that he could help others achieve success on their exams through one of his personal passions – teaching.
Listen to the episode to see how Steve combined his passion and skills to lead him to success.
Roadblock on the Journey
Have you ever found yourself wondering if you had enough time to complete a major project or get in all of your study time?
Steve faced a challenge like this recently when he was up against the clock to create learning materials to help his students before he went on a month long vacation.
Hear the tips, skills, and strategies (including blocking off time and establishing non-negotiables) that Steve used to complete everything on time, and enjoy a stress-free vacation.
His approach really speaks volumes to how you can still achieve a balance while working hard and studying.
Greatest Professional Success
Steve was recently featured in the New York Times
He shares the exact process he used and shows how taking action, having goals, and setting goals can have a tremendous impact on your success.
Most Excited About Now
He’s seen first-hand how his students have benefited from self-guided, easy-to-digest videos while preparing for their exams.
As such, Steve is excited to provide even more learning options, including videos, to his community of LSAT takers on LSATBlog.org.
Today’s Theme: Getting the Best of Professional Exams
- When it comes to setting up a study plan and tracking your time, GET SPECIFIC – even to the exact day by day progress
- For all professional exam takers, studying can get pretty isolating at times.
- Steve recommends finding study group or community of people who are in the same boat as you
- Start your exam preparation earlier than you think is truly necessary
Block off your time – But not just the study time, also time for the things and people that matter to you
Useful Resources For Actuarial Toolkit
- LSATBlog [Steve’s LSAT Exam Preparation Website]
- Reddit [Forums website]
- Study Hacks Blog [Cal Newport’s Study Hacks Blog]
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love by Cal Newport [Amazon]
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love by Cal Newport [Free Audio Book]
Making the Connection
Want to get in touch with Steve?
Reach out to him through the LSAT Blog!
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together