Getting what you want through Effective Communication (Sandy Donovan)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/skills” target=”blank”] Learn Business Skills [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/jobs” target=”blank”]Land a Job [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Pass Exams[/button] [button color=”primary” size=”small” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/community” target=”blank”]Join Community [/button]
Effective communication is continually noted as a key business skill for success as an actuary. Today, we’ll learn from someone who helps others become more effective with their communication and ultimately get more of what they want!
Sandy Donovan is a Keynote Consultant and owner of Clearly Influential where she helps small business owners and entrepreneurs deliver powerful and conversational keynotes.
Sandy uses a combo of quick blog posts, in-depth expert interviews, weekly(ish) newsletters, (plus a range of premium products) to support you while you gain the confidence and know how you need to package up and showcase your content in front of a crowd. (Basically, you’ll become a public speaking pro in no time).
Guiding Quote to Success
Life isn’t happening to you – it’s happening from you. Susan Ferrara, Law of Attraction Coach
First Step of the Journey
Roadblock on the Journey
Today’s Theme: Getting what you want through Effective Communication
During the conversation, Sandy shares her expertise on the following:
- Setting Goals for your audience based on the three primary outcomes of effective communication
- Strategies to transform your audience from where they are to the goal you have in mind for them
- Tactics to help your audience connect with your communication
- Concrete tips for preparing for your communication
- Rookie mistakes that Journeyers should look to avoid
Useful Resources For Actuarial Toolkit
- Clearly Influential Effective Communication Cheatsheet – Sandy has been gracious enough to provide Journeyers with a free resource to use to help them become better communicators. Enjoy!
- Google Drive – Sandy uses this resource to be able to continue to work where ever she is (especially when looking for places during quiet time)
- How the World Sees You by Sandy Hogshead [Kindle | Free Audiobook] – This book gets recommended time and time again! Sandy notes that it’s great to use to understand your true strengths.
Making the Connection
Want to get in touch with Sandy? Reach out to here through her website, Clearly Influential.
Want more help with your journey?
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned each week sent directly to your phone!
- Transcript of Today’s Episode
[toggles type=”accordian”][toggle title=”Click here to expand”](Transcript Pending)