How Being a Business person with Technical Skills Leads to Success! (Tahir Qadir)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
Tahir Qadir works as a retirement actuary at a consulting firm. He has five years of experience and recently became a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries on the Quantitative Finance and Investment track.
Guiding Quote to Success
Successful actuaries think of themselves as business people with technical skills, and not the other way around.
Inspiration to Become an Actuary
Using math and problem solving skills daily on the job was something he needed to be happy in his profession.
Greatest Professional Success
Getting promoted multiple times by working hard, staying organized, and building trust of others.
Most Impactful College Activity
Taking a Public Speaking class: Being able to communicate complex results results in a non-technical way is key to success as an actuary.
Stellar Exam Strategy
Make sure you hit the suggested study hours (generally 100 hours per hours of exam) – There’s no shortcut to this!
Landing an Actuarial Job
Differentiate yourself in interviews by making the most of the questions you ask. The questions you ask give additional insight into who you are.
Making the Connection
Want to get in touch with Tahir? Send me a quick message (email@example.com), and I’ll get you in touch!
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together