How Living in the Present Can Shape Your Actuarial Journey (Lauren Aronson)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/10-How_Living_in_the_Present_Can_Shape_Your_Actuarial_Journey_Lauren_Aronson.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjobcourse.com” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/actuarial-study-plan” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
Lauren Aronson graduated from Union College in 2005 with a Bachelors Degree in Philosophy and from Boston University in 2006 with a Masters in Actuarial Science. Since graduating she has worked as a pension consultant over the past 7 years for two large firms and has obtained her credentials as an ASA.
Guiding Quote to Success
“Do not dwell in the past. Do not dream of the future. Concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
Inspiration to Become an Actuary
Lauren started her journey as a Philosophy major, and applied the logical thinking and reasoning to math to pursue her actuarial career.
Roadblock on the Journey
Lauren shares how entering the actuarial work force without prior professional work experience (e.g. no internship and no excel experience) provided a roadblock for the Philosophy major… Listen in to how she was able to overcome those barriers to obtain her ASA!
Greatest Professional Success
Participating in a client meeting just months after starting her job – and not just as a fly on the wall. Lauren shares some great insight on how you can capitalize on your client meetings even if you’re new to the role!
Stellar Exam Strategy
Just keep trying and don’t get defeated! If it’s important to you, don’t let it go, even if you haven’t passed an exam!
Landing an Actuarial Job
Keep your confidence up throughout your interview! Even if you don’t know the answer!
Making the Connection
Want to get in touch with Lauren? She’s on LinkedIn and invites you to connect!
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together