How Well-Defined Goals Drive Success (Viktor Antonius – recent Associate of the Society Actuaries)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
Guiding Quote to Success
“How you do anything is how you everything” – T. Harv Eker, author of Secrets of the Millionaire Mind
Today’s Theme: How Well-Defined Goals Drive Success
During the conversation, Viktor shares his story and lessons learned on on the following:
- Why having a well-defined purpose is one of the key stones to success
- The importance of being resourceful to help you reach your goals
- How setting a few simple “study laws” can help you keep balanced during study periods
- The study process and morning ritual that Viktor has used to help him pass exams and obtain his ASA
- Identifying the Keystone Habit that could help make subsequent habits stick
- Important dos/don’ts on professionalism while attempting to get a job as an actuary
Useful Resources For Actuarial Toolkit
- Actuarial Outpost – Forum for actuaries and aspiring actuaries to find out more about the profession and talk about exams.
- Elevate – Brain-training app that aims to help you improve your memory, reading comprehension, and more through games
- Sleep Cycle – Getting enough sleep is a key component to being highly effective, but did you know that waking up at the right time in your sleep cycle is also important? This app tracks where you are in your sleep cycle and wakes you up accordingly!
- Podcast Recommendations: The Tim Ferriss Show; Hardcore History
- A Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl – Kindle | Audible
Making the Connection
Want to get in touch with Viktor? Reach out to connect with him on LinkedIn!
Want more help with your journey?
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned each week sent directly to your phone!
- Transcript of Today’s Episode
Click here to expand