Leveraging your prior experiences to prepare for an actuarial career (Nick Fox)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
Nick Fox received his undergraduate degree from New York University’s Stern School of Business in 2005, majoring in actuarial science and finance. He has worked with pension plans of all shapes and sizes, consulting with companies and sole practitioners to design, implement, fund, and strategically optimize their retirement benefit programs.
Vision of Success
Check out this great sample FLOWCHART that Nick uses to prioritize tasks.
Inspiration to Become an Actuary
Having the chance to use math skills in a marketable and useful way…and the freedom to pursue his hobbies.
Greatest Actuarial Success
Taking advantage of the small size of his company to add value through developing systems and tools.
Most Impactful College Activity
Nick shares how being involved in performing arts equips him for the challenges he faces on the job.
Stellar Exam Strategy
Landing an Actuarial Job
First things first – Do your research! But don’t be afraid to let your personality show!
Making the Connection
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together