Making Success Habits Stick (Alex Barker)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
Guiding Quote to Success
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit” – Aristotle
First Step of the Journey
Roadblock on the Journey
This mindset became really important as Alex faced an office bully and difficult times in his professional career.
Today’s Theme: Getting what you want through Effective Communication
During the conversation, Alex shares his expertise on the following:
- The importance of developing GRIT to help you reach your goals
- Why small incremental changes over time lead to more success than monumental changes
- Framework and system to overcome any of your obstacles
- Identifying the Keystone Habit that could help make subsequent habits stick
Useful Resources For Actuarial Toolkit
- 66DayExperiment.com – Alex has great resources for you to start making your habits stick. Be sure to grab them over on his website!
- 66 Day Experiment Podcast – Looking to hear more insight from Alex in developing habits? Curious as to how Season 2 on Failure goes? Be sure to start listening to the 66 Day Experiment Podcast!
- Dragon Dictation – This software translates speech into text – allowing Alex to say what he needs and have it typed out instantly.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – Kindle | Audible – Honestly, this book can’t get recommended enough! Journeyers, if you haven’t yet, Alex strongly recommends this read!
Making the Connection
Want to get in touch with Alex Barker? Reach out to here through his website, 66DayExperiment.com.
Want more help with your journey?
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned each week sent directly to your phone!
- Transcript of Today’s Episode
Click here to expand