[Plan] 3 Key Assumptions that may be holding you back from passing your exam
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
[button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/actuarialjourney/23_-_Plan_3_Key_Assumptions_that_may_be_holding_you_back_from_passing_your_exam.mp3″ target=”blank”] Download [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/itunes” target=”blank”] iTunes [/button] [button color=”primary” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjobcourse.com” target=”blank”]Actuarial Job Course [/button] [button color=”dark” size=”medium” url=”https://www.actuarialjourney.com/exams” target=”blank”]Exam Passing Strategies[/button]
This Episode’s Roadmap
The actuarial profession is full of assumptions. We’re constantly using these assumptions to value future outcomes and put a price tag on risk.
Today I’d like to share 3 assumptions that you might not even realize that can put your chance to pass your next exam at risk.
And how you can deliberately avoid each of these to lower the variance on your chances of passing.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Identify 3 key assumptions that you might be taking for granted when it comes to studying
- Choose your response to these assumptions and others like it deliberately
- Discover how you can avoid these assumptions derailing your studying
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them” – Albert Einstein
Milestones: Highlights of the session
- 3 Key Assumptions that may be holding you back from passing your exam
- Assumption 1: Will power is always on will call
- Assumption 2: Studying for exams is just like studying in college
- Assumption 3: Self-guided Studying equals solo studying
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- The One Thing by Gary Keller [Amazon Book]
- The One Thing by Gary Keller [Free Audiobook]
- Find out how you can win a 30-day Subscription to ADAPT learning platform, courtesy of Coaching Actuaries [Sweepstakes Rules]
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together