[tabs type=”vertical”][tab title=”Actuarial Exam Strategies”]
Free Video Training Series: How to Create a Study Plan You will Stick to – Are you having trouble finding the motivation and time to study? Discover the step-by-step process you can use to create the ideal study plan and find your balance with life, school, and work.
[/tab][tab title=”Actuarial Job Course”]
Actuarial Job Course (100% Free!) – We know how difficult it can be to get your first job or internship as an actuary. We get where you’re coming from because we’ve been in your shoes.So we set out to change that through the Actuarial Job Course – a completely free course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Setting SMART Goals Resource – Using SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound) goals to help create your personalized study roadmap is key. This resource dives deeper into how you can go about doing that effectively.
- Evernote – Great way to capture any checklists/notes/ideas you have about the exam or anything else. Syncs across devices (including laptop) and is available offline. Really useful app!
- Getting Focused – Guide to being “Wired In” – One of my favorite themes of the movie The Social Network (aka The Facebook Movie) is when they talk about a distraction-free work state called “wired in” This article discusses 7 steps to getting wired in to help you gain focus while studying and working and to make the best use of your time.
[/tab][tab title=”Actuarial Clubs and Organizations”]
- International Association of Black Actuaries – a professional and student member organization whose mission is to contribute to an increase in the number of black actuaries and to influence the successful career development, civic growth and achievement of black actuaries.
- Chicago Actuarial Association – an actuarial organization whose focus is to provide support, education, and networking opportunities to actuaries and actuarial candidates in the Chicago area.
[/tab][tab title=”Additional Math Resources (non-Actuarial)”]
- Treasure Trove of Math Videos (beg. – adv.) – Patrick at Just Math Tutorial has put together hundreds of FREE video tutorials to help people learn math. From linear algebra to calculus to probability and more, this could be a useful resource to supplement your exam studying.
- What is an Actuary – Animated Video – Funny animated conversation between an actuarial student and a stranger. I’m sure we’ve all had a similar conversations recently! #notahumancalculator