Find People to Stand With You, Not Just For You (Saeed Hossain)
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
Saeed Hossain is an Actuarial Associate with a large mutual national life insurer. He currently specializes in financial reporting and projections. He has previously worked as a consultant actuary with a large consulting firm where he focused on retirement benefit valuation, administration and audit support. He graduated from New York University with a bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science and Accounting and is an Associate of the Society of Actuaries.
Vision of Success
Saeed shares how Finding people to stand with you – not necessarily for you has helped shape his career.
Inspiration to Become an Actuary
At a college club fair freshman year, Saeed found the combination of analytics, quantitative analysis, and communication of these results to drive business outcomes appealing!
Most Impactful College Activity
Saeed shares how learning time management skills during his college job set him up for success as an actuary.
Stellar Exam Strategy
Make it a priority to get through your exam process quickly-> Take the Scenic Route… but not with exams!
Landing an Actuarial Job
Show you’re committed to the process of being an actuary by taking an exam and passing it!
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together