Building Confidence for Your Exam Day – Part 2
Click Below to Listen to the Episode
This Episode’s Roadmap
Part 2 of the Series all around building your confidence for your exam day.
We’re going to spend the rest of today’s episode talking about how you can keep your nerves in check and allow all of the studying that you have done to naturally manifest itself on the exam day.
To put it bluntly, we’re going to spend the rest of the episode helping you avoid choking on the test after all the hard work you put in.
Destination of Today’s Journey
After this episode, you’ll be able to:
- The one thing that each exam tests for and how you can use that to your advantage
- The #1 key to the way you approach your exam when physically in the room that alone could end up saving you stress and anxiety during the exam and increase your chances of getting that passing score that you have been working so hard for.
Compass: Guiding Quote for Success
“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.” – Seneca, Roman Philosohper
Milestones: Highlights of the session
- The results of your exam is NOT a reflection on you personally whether you pass this exam. It is simply a measure of how you performed on the exam, those particular question in that particular order itself.
- Plan to get 100% of the questions that you choose to pursue correct
- Prioritize the things that are most important
- Have a system/ a methodology that you use to assess problems and identify whether you plan on answering it and when you plan on doing that problem (download the Actuarial Journey Exam Triage Sample)
Toolkit: Useful Resources
- Free Work / Life / Study Balance Webinar [Claim your Spot!]
- Actuarial Journey Exam Triage Sample
- Accelerated Learning Techniques by Brain Tracy [Free Audiobook]
- Loss Aversion [Wikipedia]
- Upcoming Webinar [Webinar]
Want more help with your journey?
- Create a study plan you’ll actually stick to!: This free video series will show you the step-by-step process to create you own Personalized Study Roadmap and design your Study Lifestyle
- Actuarial Job Course: a completely free full-length course with videos, worksheets, tools, and community all geared to help your get your entry-level actuarial job and start your actuarial career.
- Actuarial Journey Podcast: Get more insights and lessons learned 4 days a week sent directly to your phone!
- Actuarial Community: Feeling alone on your journey? Become a part of the Actuarial Journey Community!
- Time-Saving Exam Smartcuts Guide: Free downloadable guide sharing exam strategies that are not only focused on shaving off study hours, but saving you months and years of studying all together